Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Busy October!

October was a great month for Little Lulu's Confections. We got out and got a lot of exposure. 


We began with the Maple Leaf Fesitval on October 15th and 16th in Baldwin City, Kansas. I had cookies, cupcakes, and cake pops I was selling. I almost sold out of cake pops on both days!! The turn out was great and we got a ton of traffic through our booth.. And the weather was perfect for this 2 day event! 

The next event was the Yelp Chiller Theatre. It was in the West Bottoms of  Kansas City at The Foundation. I have participated in YELP before but nothing quite like this one. The place was packed full of people all decked out in full costume including the whole entire Roller Derby team! There was food, drink, and desserts galore. They even had a room of make up artists doing face make up for anyone who forgot to dress up (or just wanted to spice up their costume).  I might have stopped by... :)


Here is part of my booth. I had chocolate and vanilla MINI cupcakes with candy corn on top. Pumpkin, Red Velvet, Chocolate, and Vanilla Cake pops and Monster Eyes. And of course Oreo Mummies.



These are my before and after the make up room... Meooooow..



The event had an amazing turnout. I met some really cool people and got to enjoy some other neat flavors from around town. And I was so fortunate to have such a supportive group of family and friends that came out.. 

I also met someone thru a friend of mine and offered me a tremendous opportunity to make Batman cookies for a person who was involved in creating the new Batman game, Arkham City.


These were totally awesome to work on. And I can't wait to get a chance to play the game!!



THEN on October 29 I got to spend the day with some of my favorite people:) ELITE COMICS!!!


This is me with William, the Elite Comics shop owner. He's awesome!


This is me with Jason Aaron, my favorite comic book writer. I love his books Scalped and Punisher Max!!


Shaun, Lance, and Justin. These guys are pretty cool too... Sometimes..


This young man is amazing!! Nash here is the best salesman in all of Kansas City. :) He's one of a kind!


Here are some of the Monster Eyes and Oreo Mummies!


Nash and I :) 


This is me with the one and only David Matheny. I love this guy (most of the time)!


Christina, Shaun, Nash, Me, David, and William. Perfect ending to a great month.